Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome to my "New Normal"

Hello everyone! Today is my first post on blogger since McKenzie passed away. So much to be said, so little time. I'm going to put a final post on McKenzie's website and then reference this site in case anyone wants to follow the crazy adventures of the May Family through our grief. My thought for the day, out of 1 Peter, "Satan roams the earth searching for someone to devour." I believe that Satan continues to attempt to devour my family. He wishes that my husband and I would cave to the pressure. He wishes we would divorce and renounce the faith we have clung to throughout McKenzie's illness and death. I will not succumb to the pressure. He seeks to devour my children. While McKenzie is safe in the arms of Jesus, Courtney, Caroline and Monroe are always victim to Satan's attack. I must be the mother they need; I must continue to point them to Jesus. It's not easy, but I must journey on. I am so pleased that they are in a school where the name of Jesus is spoken daily. Thank you for your prayers...
With Love, Jeri

3 comments:

  1. Jeri, I am so excited to keep up with the May family via your blogsite! We miss you here in SA but you are never far from our hearts. Thinking about you often, and praying for you continually. Specifically now, prayers are going up for your peace as a family, Courtney's ankle, and your sentimental jewelry. We love you guys...big hugs to the kiddos! Love, Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you are all showered with blessings, both big and small, in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Jeri! I just read your posting on McKenzie's site and am happy to find this blog! I think it would be cool for you and Monroe to write a story, a handbook even. We people need ALL the help you can give us!! We are a hurting lot and I'm sorry when we hurt one another. Thank you for all you have shared so transparently of your journey. I love you from afar sister in Christ and consider it a privilege and honor to pray for you, Monroe, Caroline, Courtney and Monroe in specific ways. May you and Monroe be strengthened and comforted despite Satan's onslought. May Caroline Courtney and Monroe have peace comfort and one good, God loving friend to help them through this transition. And may God reveal a few soulmates for you, too, friend as well as the exact location of your missing jewelry! With much love and many prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete