Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Springtime in Utah

Hello everyone! Well, I feel really bad that I haven't updated in so long! So much has been going on that I have neglected my writing. In my defense, I have written many of you personal notes over the past few weeks and of course there are always the forwarded emails that I use as a means of keeping in touch, too. I was watching Julie and Julia the other day and was reminded of how long it had been since I had blogged and decided I better write.
Well, it's springtime in Utah! That doesn't necessarily mean winter is over, but we are having a little less of winter. It did snow lightly last night. But, the sun is already out and has melted it. We had a white Easter (we weren't dreaming of it, it totally surprised us as it did last night). I don't know why we are surprised anymore when we wake up to a white world. We have tulips coming up everywhere and they will bloom soon. There is a tulip festival starting this weekend about 15 minutes south of here and they will have a photography contest that I want to enter. So I've been practicing my photography of flowers a little. I'll try to post a picture of some daffodils I found the other day at the downtown library. We went down there for Holocaust Remembrance day and a wonderful Anne Franke exhibit. We must never forget what happened there and educate our youth on the horrors that must be avoided. A friend of mine reminded me that we have our own holocaust of unborn children happening in this nation. That is a very sombering thought. Sorry, I digress from the spring theme. So I'll try to post some pictures of the daffodils, the white Easter, and eventually the tulips.
We have had a series of guests visiting here this spring. We started with 2 of Courtney's friends, then had a family of my and little Monroe's friends, and finally had a friend of Caroline's here this last week. Unfortunately, there has been a run of strep throat in the house over the last 2 weeks, too. Monroe had it, little Monroe had it, Caroline's friend had it, and 3-4 of the family who visited last week have had it, too! It's been crazy.
Both of the grandmothers are visiting in the next 3 weeks and then my dad is coming up in May, too. In May, they are all coming to see Caroline in her theatrical debut as Sandy in her school production of the musical Grease. She is so excited and so are we!
Well, I've got to run. I will post more often hopefully that things are settling down. Talk to you soon! Jeri

2 comments:

  1. Well put. Looking forward to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerri!

    So glad to see your post. I was about to give up but decided to check again and WALA! It looks like you are running a little May's Inn up there in Utah! So excited for Caroline. What a FUN musical to have one of the leads. Be sure to take pics to post. Her fans want to see!

    Just a note from down here: our class is now just slightly over 400 and expecting a capacity class for Isaiah. We are so excited. Last count I checked, we had 117 children (+ one looking down on us with our heavenly Father). I hope you are enjoying your class there and know next year will be FANTASTIC for you all too. I am so excited to see what God has for us all.

    I will not be bringing my Huston next year. He is entering Kinder. However, I get to continue to bring Emery. Remember...she's my little one who is much like McKenzie. Dark hair, big brown eyes, determined spirit, and every so much a princess who LOVES to dress up. That's our girls!

    Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that I am so glad to read about you all.

    Love you and miss you even more,

    Kathryn (Lovey)

    ReplyDelete